Love In Action
KidsServe is an after school, mission-based program open to all children in kindergarten through 5th grade. Our purpose is to involve young children in hands-on local outreach through monthly service projects. KidsServe began in 2007 and since then hundreds of elementary age children have learned what the Bible teaches about serving others and ways that they can help, care, share and serve. A school-age child is not too young to be the hands and feet of Jesus…he or she just needs opportunity and encouragement. KidsServe participants come together each month for learning, fellowship, fun and a meaningful project that serves an individual or group in need.
What We Do:
In one word: Empowerment
In a few more words: Raising a new generation to create a better world through empowerment.
In even more words: We are a ministry that strongly believes that kids can make a difference in this world. We also believe that childhood experience of serving others in need will influence the way that they grow up. We teach them about the needs of this world, teach God’s words, and then collectively take action in serving. Our hope and prayer is that our students will have a deep understanding of what God calls us to do in the face of those in need, and know how and what to do about it.
Some of our past projects have included:
- Wrapped Bibles and wrote notes to teens at a local Juvenile Detention Center
- Packed weekend food packages for a local ministry, “Help Hungry Kids”
- Packed “Birthday Bags” for Dulles South food pantry.
- Held a Bake Sale to benefit Samaritan’s Purse hurricane relief
- Went caroling at a local Senior Living facility and Rehabilitation Center
- Packed gift bags for the local Ronald McDonald House patients and family members
- Filled shoe boxes with Christmas gifts for children for Operation Christmas Child
- Filled goodie bags and delivered them to the local fire stations
Click HERE to register.
Click HERE for a KidsServe brochure
Visit the KidsServe blog HERE.
If you would like more information about KidsServe please click HERE.