Setting the Stage for Service to Others
Our Bible verse theme is “serve one another in love” (Galatians 5:13).
KidsServe is an after school, mission-based program open to all children in kindergarten through 5th grade. Our purpose is to involve young children in hands-on local outreach through monthly service projects. KidsServe began in 2007 at Church of the Epiphany and since then hundreds of elementary age children have learned what the Bible teaches about serving others and ways that they can help, care, share and serve. A school-age child is not too young to be the hands and feet of Jesus…he or she just needs opportunity and encouragement. KidsServe participants come together each month for learning, fellowship, fun and a meaningful project that serves an individual or group in need.
Gain awareness of the needs of others and our ability to meet those needs
- Learn how God can use each of us to make a difference in the lives of others
- Encourage children to give of their time, talent and resources
- Involve children and adults in KidsServe by emphasizing different ways to help
Some of our past projects have included:
- While learning about empathy, the kids created cards for Meals on Wheels clients
- They created artwork to be used to decorate the empty walls of an orphanage in Tanzania
- Packed “Thank You” bags for our local Firefighters and delivered them
- Assembled Succulent flower pots and delivered them to the Sunrise Assisted Living center in Fairfax.
- Made bright colored fleece blankets for families at the Katherine Hanley family shelter
- Filled shoe boxes with Christmas gifts for children for Operation Christmas Child
Visit the KidsServe blog HERE.